Monday, April 8, 2013

Pepper-Chic Gazpacho

Good Day, Healthy Eaters & Readers,

As mentioned in that last video-blog, I have been having MAJOR legume/pulses withdrawal lately and since, (always in small doses of course), chickpeas have the lowest potassium and phosphorous of all the starchy beans 'n peas, I recently whipped out the trusty food processor for a lil bit of heaven in a bowl.

I have NO problem not eating meat, or chocolate or so many other of the no-no foods for CKD patients but wow, not eating beans, lentils, chickpeas and the like is just too much for me to handle any more and so I created this lil summery gaspacho number, which can also work very well as a veggie or pita dip.

Today for luncheon, I had a similar mixture, but sans red peppers & onions--more straight up humusy which I dipped my saltless dried bread bits in with wild abandon as I was wolf-hungry after a mighty fast walk with T by the river, which included some high bridge stair-climbing too.

Pepper-Chic Gazpacho

1/3 sauteed onion
1 clove garlic
1 red pepper (raw)
1 cup cooked chic peas, (from dry, never canned)
1/2 cup 0%fat fromage blanc
1-2 tbsps sesame oil
juice of one lemon
black pepper
micro-pinch of sea salt

(Serves 1 as my food processor is a wee thing.)


bon ap & +++++vibes,

: J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious, must give it a go. I really enjoy your recipes although I am not always able to enjoy them due to my CKD x