Saturday, November 2, 2013

Movin' On Up!

Hello again, Readers,

Hoe the weekend is going well out there.

Mine is going pretty well due to:

a) Postponing my Prednisone wean down to Monday so I could enjoy the weekend with P proper.

&

b)  My latest blood and urine work ups have all MARKEDLY IMPROVED since last month's!!!

The electrolytes are all still in normal ranges, the hemoglobin is holding fast at 12.2 g/dl and the red blood cell count in the urine--which last month was a whopping 32.000/mL, (normal being less than 5.000), is now LESS THAN 1.000!

And now for the tastiest morsel on the kidney health platter:

My kidney filtration rate, aka GFR, is once again, a fantastic and faaaabulous 40!!!

Here's a pic of my blood chemistry report as of October 30th, for the scientificy peeps out there, complete with a verrrrry smiley face to show just how mine was when I opened the envelope today.

That red blood cell count, (aka RBC), in the urine also confirms, (along with how much BETTER I'm feeling), that the renal colic/kidney stones that hammered me last month, has officially HIT THE ROAD!

It's so NICE to see the numbers trending like this and it all just spurs me on even more to continue my scientific eating for LIFE.  A life that I hope will never have to endure any dialysis nor a transplant if I can help it.

Wishing you all a healthy, happy day out there!

+++vibes,

: J


8 comments:

Jude said...

You are rocking this, Miss J.! Congrats, keep it up!

P said...

CE-LE-BRA-TE!!!

YES, let's go crazy and have a glass of wine, or even two!

Cheers my dear,

: )))

Juanita Grande said...

Thanks much, Jude and P, yes, a lovely glass of something French, (or Italian?), se coir is in order!

: J

Anonymous said...

Great job, Juanita. You're an inspiration!

Fullmoondolphin said...

Awesome news, Juanita! I am so glad to hear that things are improving so much, and yes, a glass or two is definitely well-deserved. Cheers, darling!

Juanita Grande said...

Thanks, Sarah, thanks Fullmoon!

And today, the blue skies have returned. And I will milk them starting now.

mwwahhhhh's,

: J

Unknown said...

Congrats on your numbers It all sounds good although I'm not sure what most of it means, I'm still patiently waiting to be in remission. Just found out from my neurosurgeon, that he will not remove the VP shunt in my brain that causes me so much pain. Healing is such a long process! Sending positive vibes to you and thanks for the inspiration! Peace

Juanita Grande said...

Thank you, Teresa and I'm sorry to hear about the painful shunt not being able to come out. Soon, I hope and soon for you to be in remission too.

take good care 'n thanks for reading,

J