Today's post is one of major celebration and might best be done numbered due to so MANY positive happenings lately, so here goes:
1. Since this last decrease in prednisone, (Jan 31), I am now OFFICIALLY outta the scary-hell zone of what for me, is that inundating, (both physically and emotionally), adjustment process.
Yes, Friday actually, was the first day I did NOT have that late-morning vacuuming of all physical strength, which for me is always a part of tapering until my adrenals begin to deal with the new lower dose. (This happens whether or not I have had a mid-morning snack, for those thinking it's low-blood sugar related plus, it never happens unless I'm weaning.)
Those authoritative drainings-of-the-chi-pool always literally take me down--most unfortunate if they happen when in public, transforming me into what looks to any passers-by, like I'm fighting fainting. My movements become slow-moton, hands on the knees or "lying on walls", grasping whatever is near or worse, down and balled up with my head in my knees until it passes enough for me to be able to ever so slowly ease gently on down the road again.
More than once, total strangers have come to my side to try to help in these shituations and bless them all.
For those curious, I can liken it somewhat to how one feels when they come out of anesthesia, (but the brain remains fully functional), or somewhat like the feeling of having just fainted and trying to walk too soon after--through molasses.
It is really something.
I won't be doing THAT again for at least SIX MONTHS and I cannot express how overjoyed I am about that! My rheumy-prof and my Neph both agreed that my staying at the low dose of 2.5 mgs of prednisone a day for a while is OK.
I feel like I'm about to go on vacation! :)
2. On Saturday, (Valentine's Day), P and I went out for lunch to celebrate it! Sure, a tramadol was involved but I was UP to going out again, for the first time since weaning and we had a wonderful time together.
3. I haven't napped in three days now. THREE!
4. Sunday also brought with it ANOTHER. (two in-a-row!), outing, in the form of visiting some old friends I hadn't seen since before the hospital--almost three years ago. And it was lovely.
5. Had my blood work done on Friday and my GFR is UP! Now back at 41 glorious points.
6. I no longer need to do urine testing every single month, now only every three months and yay.
7. All of this this adds up to my quite likely within a month, being back in the out-of-house voice-over recording saddle again! Only in the mornings, but BACK dammit, BACK.
This fab weekend of firsts was all wrapped up in breaks of beautiful sunshine, (when the forecast had called for rain the whole time), framing perfectly, all of this new and inspiring progress.
Still can't believe it has been two very bumpy, unbelievable years, a mind-melting time frame, still.
I close this with heart-felt high-fives to all of you out there whom I've gotten to know and so appreciate since creating this blog.
May we all feel better and better, (and keep up the healthy-eating/living that leads to it ;).