Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Little Lie Down

So yesterday morning, after being home for 5 days and feeling like I was starting to get the feel of these new--feelings, my husband Pascal and I decided to take a stroll to the local pharmacy where they have a blood pressure monitoring service.

During my time in the hospital, I had gotten used to seeing elevated readings anywhere from 130/80 to 160+, and this is with the meds being taken.

The pharmacist of course had no idea that I am now a sick person, being a long-time customer there and so he was understandably surprised to see mine at 154/80. This lead to conversation of course, with us sharing my newly diagnosed conditions and recent hospitalization.

Blame it on the the stress of the small gathering that was leaning ever closer to eavesdrop, or my body adjusting to being on such a cocktail of meds for so little time, or still sub-par electrolyte levels, or perhaps as one doc suggested, the blame lay in the blockers I'm on coupled with getting up too fast from the chair I was sitting on for the BP testing, but whatever the reason--I went down like a lead zeppelin. Classic Vagus nerve reaction and not the first time I had fainted since being hospitalized, (but at least this time no barfing! ; ).

I wasn't unconscious for long, but long enough to awaken to a bunch of cute, (how can they all be so cute? ; ), emergency medical technicians checking more vitals and from there, due to protocol, no doubt, I was off to yet another emergency room.

After all was said and done, EKG and more pressure testing etc., I was finally discharged and we ended up at home from our "quick morning stroll to the pharmacy", after 4pm; myself tired like mofo and rather grumpy to boot.

This was yesterday and already seems like a week ago as I think I've since then, cleaned the entire house 3 times over. Prednisone is "one helluva drug", as Rick James might describe it and it's incredible to think that today, I feel pretty darned GOOD.

As an already seasoned germ-o-phobe, (or simply, "Canadian", as the french like to say when noting that trait ; ), now that I'm on a boatload of immuno-suppressive meds, I have a new and infused hate-on for any and all germ forms--making this cleaning obsession even more tempting when the wee sleepless hours arise. (I seem to only be able to sleep now for 1-3 hours at-a-time.)

All lessons learned, I guess and like I'm starting to actually GET, it's really IS all about takin' it 'juan day at a time'...


: J

Here I am enjoying the ergonomic pillowy comfort of the pharmacy's hospitality.


Fullmoondolphin said...

As I've said before, I wish you didn't have to deal with this, but since you do, your fabulous attitude is going to make a huge difference in your healing. Love the blog name! :)

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear of all you're going through at the moment Ms J. I do hope it's not too flippant to say that you and your boots STILL look fabulous, even under these conditions :) Infinite healing vibes being sent your way, lovely lady.

Juanita Grande said...

Merci beaucoup, FMD! So far, so good and as for the name, it just writes it self. ; )

Juanita Grande said...

And I'm scooping up those sweet vibes right up, Michelle, thanks much! My boots thank you too... : )